Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lovin' the 'Lympics

My friend Joslin and I LOVE the olympics! On 8-8-08 I took a short drive up to Huntington Beach, where she lives, to celebrate the opening ceremonies. We had lunch and went to get some sun at the beach before we let the games begin. On our way back to her place I said, "I think we need Olympics Outfits." She agreed and we ducked into American Apparel to purchase some sporty duds. We came up with these outfits: I've stayed up late to watch various sports and , since I don't have a job, I've watched coverage all morning too. I've cheered on the swimmers, gasped at the amazing feats in gymnastics, clenched my fists at the volleyball close-calls, and shouted our favorite Olympic phrase, "Eff the Chimeese!" (not because we don't like the gracious hosts of these Olympic games but just because they're so darn good!!!) I'm sad that they'll be over tonight... You'd better believe we'll be celebrating again.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so happy you finally started a blog and can't wait to see you on your road trip!

I actually had tears running down my face last night as the final credits rolled. Thankfully, Vancouver is only 18 months away. Until then, Bob Costas, I wait with bated breath....

Yivi said...

I love your spontainety (not sure of the spelling) and your great sense of humor! TQM forever!

Amy said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Kimberly said...

Ahhh ha ha haha ha. Heee he he he. Ohhh ho ho ho! Those are some VERY attractive outfits. Thanks for the laugh.

Renee said...

I WANT THOSE SHORTS!!! AND THOSE SOCKS!!! Ok...I want the whole outfit and then I want you to throw me up in the air while wearing it.